ANNOUNCING OUR SEPTEMBER 30 DAY CHALLENGE
It’s finally Spring … thank goodness. And to get you all in the mood, we are running our first ever 30 Day Challenge. It will encourage you to do your Pilates inside and outside the studio, and a contest is a great way to do something together, too.
Joseph Pilates was famous for his ingenious equipment repertoire. But his first creation were his 34 Mat exercises, movements to be done on the floor with no equipment at all. You’ve all see our Neon Joe in the window doing The Hundred. But we thought we’d do something a wee bit different.
The challenge will be you doing the Leg Pull Front and taking pictures so we can see. Oh yes, we want evidence.
- Each day in September, take a pic or short video of yourself doing the Pilates Mat exercise, Leg Pull Front.
- Post it either on your Facebook or Instagram account.
- FACEBOOK– Use the hashtag #revolution30lpf and “Check In” @ Revolution Pilates & GYROTONIC Studio in the post.
INSTAGRAM– Use the hashtag #revolution30lpf and tag @revolution_pilates in the post.
- Every post is worth 10 points. If you miss one day, you have to post two different pics the next day to make it up. We will check in each day and keep a Leader Board tally of your hard work.
- If you make it to 300 points, you win one (1) free Group Class of your choice!
- We are encouraging you to be creative with variations, locations and costumes…I mean clothes (but keep your kit on, mongrels). Stay on target, work hard but have fun with it.
Good luck, everyone. Let the LPF Madness begin!
Check out my short YouTube video , illustrating the traditional version of Leg Pull Front as well as a couple variations, both easier and harder. Have a look at it to familiarise yourself with the movement. If it’s new to you, be sure to check in with your instructors and find the best, safest but most challenging versions for you to show-off with.